Monday, January 10, 2011

First post in Florence!


After an exhausting day/night of traveling to Charlotte, Germany & Italy, I finally arrived in Florence on Friday evening (with BOTH bags in hand!). I've been here for four days already so I'm gonna break in down from what I can remember. We've been busy since we got here and it's sort of hard to remember everything clearly. I haven't been taking my camera everywhere but I will include a few pictures I have taken.

Friday:
Most of the day was spent in airports or in the air. I don't know what time we finally got to the apartment but it was probably something like 4ish. After doing some unpacking, our RA Dan took a bunch of us to Trattoria Anita. My first meal in Florence consisted of ravioli rosé. I've heard from several people that you can't really find a bad meal in Florence and I've found that to be very true. Everything is fresh and delicious and surprisingly affordable.

Saturday:
We all met up in the morning for orientation at the study center. Lunch was at the quaint sandwich shop part of Natalino. My sandwich had vegetables and fresh slices of pecorino cheese. I had my camera on me so I did snap a pic before digging in (see picture). Dinner was at the restaurant part of Natalino. Sue ordered for us (and treated us!). It was a three-course dinner. My main course was eggplant parmesan and it was one of the best things I've ever had.

Sunday:
We woke up early and took a bus through Tuscany to Fiesole. We saw the remaining parts of an ancient theater, baths, etc... Since Fiesole is so high up, we got to experience these incredible views of Florence. After returning to Florence we were all really hungry for so we went to Gusta Pizza for our first taste of real pizza. Then I came back and took an epic nap before we had dinner at Gustaosteria.

Monday: (today)
Today was the first day of class. After photography class, we ate an early lunch at Noe Sandwich Shop. They have these great omelette sandwiches. Also I learned today that even though Diet Coke is disgusting, Coca Cola Light (their version) is actually pretty good.




2 comments:

  1. Photography class in Italy? What could be better?!
    That last picture is especially gorgeous. So green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am officially a FOLLOWER of your blog! I was salivating at the food descriptions. Can't wait to see more pics and hear more stories.

    XO
    R

    ReplyDelete